Create solutions to real-life business problems
Univative Sydney brings bright, enthusiastic and like-minded students ('Univators') together to solve real business challenges for local organisations.
Supported by Study NSW and Nagcas, Univative Sydney is a unique inter-university, inter-discipline, inter-cultural student employability program where student teams devise innovative solutions for genuine problems posed by industries and communities.
Since 2011, 1076 students, 188 teams from eight universities have joined forces with 33 organisations to tackle real world challenges with refreshing approaches.
Univative 2020 was proudly participated by nine universities:
- University of New South Wales
- Australian Catholic University
- Central Queensland University (Sydney campus)
- Macquarie University
- Southern Cross University
- The University of Notre Dame
- University of Technology Sydney
- The University of Wollongong
- Western Sydney University
As a student participant, you will work within a multi-disciplinary team on a project for four weeks during winter 2020 (end of June to end of July) and compete with teams of students from other participating universities.
Previous project hosts included:
- Salvos Legal
- Australian National Maritime Museum and more!
Getting involved in Univative allows you to:
- Connect and network with a wide range of employers
- Meet and work with students and staff from across Macquarie University
- Develop your wider range of skills such as communication, teamwork, leadership and project management
- Gain professional and personal mentoring from the Macquarie University Career and Employment Service
- Participate in leadership development activities
Eligible students will meet the following selection criteria:
- Must be a current Macquarie University student (undergrad or postgrad level, local or international), ideally in their penultimate or final year
- Must have completed at least one semester of study at Macquarie University and have at least one remaining semester of study
- Must be available to commit to all Univative related events, including the launch, training sessions, final presentation and closing event (further dates and details will be provided)
- Must be available to commit to weekly scheduled team meetings to progress with the project and be available during the winter break
- Must be an active participant in the program.
Reward and recognition
Each team will be partnered with a project host (employer) and will compete against at least two other student teams from different universities. Each project host will select a winning team to be announced at the Awards Ceremony. All Univators will receive a Certificate of Participation and can opt in to receive AHEGS recognition.
Ultimately, your Univative experience will enhance the quality of your job applications and will give you the opportunity to connect with prospective employers, thus building upon your career network.
There is also potential for students to seek approval to recognise Univative as their PACE activity. Subject to unit covenor and PACE approval.
If you have any questions about Univative Sydney, email email@example.com.