US Department of Veterans Affairs benefits
The Post-9/11 GI Bill offers opportunities for Veterans from the U.S. armed services to enhance their employment potential through further education at home or overseas.
How to apply
- Apply online for your Veterans Benefits through the Veteran Online Application or Vets.gov.
- Review our list of approved programs on the U.S. Veterans Affairs – WEAMS Institution Search website.
- Institution Name: Macquarie University
- If your program does not appear on the list, contact MQ Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. MQ will submit an application to the Department of Veterans Affairs for program approval.
- Click on the University name and then on the programs tab to view all approved programs.
- Program Type: Institution of Higher Learning
- Select Country: Australia
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is the only organisation authorised to determine your eligibility. If you have specific questions relating to eligibility, please contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs directly.
- Once you have finalised you enrolment for each semester, please email the VA Enrolment Certification form (VA Form 22-1999) to email@example.com. The MQ Financial Aid office will certify your enrolment for that semester. Please note that it is student’s responsibility to contact the MQ Financial Aid Office once you finalised your enrolment.
- When we receive the VA funding, the cheque will be deposited and applied against your tuition fees. The MQ Financial Aid Office will inform you if there is any remaining balance after tuition fee is paid. If so, you can apply for a refund. However, if there is an amount owing, you will be asked to pay the amount within 7 days.