Alumni Garrawi Indigenous Scholarship - Students
|Postgraduate student of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
$2,500 tenable for one year only.
The Macquarie University Garrawi Indigenous Scholarship was established in 2005 to encourage Indigenous students to undertake postgraduate studies at Macquarie University. It is awarded to an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person on the basis of academic merit and demonstrated commitment to Indigenous community advancement.
Eligibility criteria for this scholarship includes:
- Academic Merit;
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- Enrolled or intending to enrol in a postgraduate coursework program;
- Demonstrated commitment to course work;
- Demonstrated commitment to Indigenous community advancement;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities;
- Capacity to triumph over hardship which may include: financial disadvantage, sole parent or carer responsibilities, non- English speaking or Indigenous background, effects of trauma and/or abuse, long-term medical condition or disability or coming from a rural or remote area.