Alumni Family Scholarship - Students
New incoming undergraduate student in any discipline who is closely related to someone (parent, sibling or grandparent) who has attended Macquarie University.
Applications open. To apply please complete the online application form. Applications close 6 January 2017
The Macquarie University Family Scholarship was established to encourage the legacy of family members attending Macquarie across generations. It is awarded to an incoming student in any discipline.
The successful applicant for this scholarship will be able to demonstrate:
- Academic merit;
- That they are a Domestic student;
- That they are a current school leaver (sat the HSC or equivalent in 2016). Students who have taken a 'Gap' Year in 2016 are also eligible to lodge an application for 2017. These students must have taken the HSC (or equivalent) in 2015 and have not undertaken any study in 2016;
- Commitment to community service and extra-curricular activities;
- Leadership qualities or leadership potential;
- Commitment to study;
- Capacity to triumph over hardship which may include: financial disadvantage, sole parent or carer responsibilities, non- English speaking or Indigenous background, effects of trauma and/or abuse, long-term medical condition or disability or coming from a rural or remote area;
- That they are closely related to a family member (parent, sibling or grandparent) who has attended Macquarie University.
The scholarship will not be awarded in any year in which no candidate is considered to be of sufficient merit when judged against the selection criteria.
The scholarship may not be deferred.