Alumni Accommodation Scholarship - Students
|New incoming undergraduate student in any discipline who is relocating from a regional or rural area to study at Macquarie University and is able to demonstrate financial hardship.|
$10,398 per year (2016 value), renewable for up to four (4) years contingent on meeting ongoing eligibility requirements.
Applications for 2017 now open on the UAC Equity Scholarship website.
The Macquarie University Alumni Accommodation Scholarship was established to assist students who are able to demonstrate financial hardship (applicants need to be in receipt of Youth Allowance or any other means tested Commonwealth support) and that they are relocating from a rural area to study at Macquarie University.
The successful applicant for this scholarship will be:
- Able to demonstrate financial hardship (applicants need to be in receipt of Youth Allowance or any other means tested Commonwealth support);
- Relocating from a regional or rural area to study at Macquarie University;
- A current school leaver (sat the HSC or equivalent in 2016). Students who have taken a 'Gap' Year in 2016 are also eligible to lodge an application for 2017. These students must have taken the HSC (or equivalent) in 2015 and have not undertaken any study in 2016.
Consideration is also given to applicants who, in addition, meet any of the following criteria:
- Indigenous background
- Carer responsibilities
- Non English speaking background
- Long term medical condition/ disability or ongoing effects of abuse
The scholarship may not be deferred.