How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Browse the Scholarships tool and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to go to the application form for that scholarship.
- Take note of the opening and closing date and allow yourself plenty of time to apply.
- Read the application instructions and selection criteria carefully and check if the scholarship is open to new or continuing students or both.
- Ensure you address the selection criteria and provide relevant supporting documentation where required.
- Review your application carefully before submitting it.
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DIRECT APPLICATION
By completing this scholarship application form, you will be considered for the following eight undergraduate scholarships:
- Merit Scholarship, $12,000 per year for up to 5 years (new students)
- PACE Scholarship, $1,000 per year for up to 3 years (new students)
- Alumni First in Family Scholarship, $5,000 per year for up to 4 years (new students)
- Alumni Family Scholarship, $5,000 per year for up to 4 years (new students)
- Alumni Ani Apcarian Scholarships, $2,500 for 1 year (only open to new students going into the Bachelor of Education, Early Childhood Education)
- Dunmore Lang College Regional and Rural & Indigenous Incentive Scholarships, fully funded standard room at DLC for up to 4 years
- Robert Menzies College Accommodation Costs Scholarship, $3,000 reduction of accommodation fees at RMC for 1 year
- Robert Menzies College Indigenous Accommodation Costs Scholarship, $8,000 reduction of accommodation fees at RMC for 4 years
IMPORTANT - Read the full instructions before completing this application form.
Applications open 18 August 2018 and close 4 January 2019
EQUITY SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATIONS
To be considered for the University’s range of Equity scholarships and Commonwealth funded Indigenous Student Success Program scholarships, complete the online equity scholarship form at www.uac.edu.au/equity . Equity Scholarships are assessed on the basis of financial hardship and disadvantage.
There is no need to indicate which scholarship you are applying for. Just by answering the questions on the online form you will be considered for all of the following scholarships:
- Macquarie Education Costs Scholarship, $5,355 pa for up to 4 years (indexed)
- Macquarie Accommodation Scholarship, $10,710 pa for up to 4 years (indexed)
- Non Current School Leaver Scholarship, $5,355 pa for up to 4 years (indexed)
- Refugee Scholarship, $5,355 pa for up to 4 years (indexed)
- ISSP Indigenous Commonwealth Costs Scholarship, $2,676 for one year
- ISSP Indigenous Accommodation Scholarship, $5,355 for one year
Equity scholarships are open to both new and continuing students.
Equity Scholarship applications will open 1 August 2018 for 2019. The University is participating in several rounds. Check the UAC website for details.
Other donor funded scholarships have separate application forms. The link to the application form will be published on the scholarships website when applications open or if the scholarship is only open to students in a specific program of study the link will be directly emailed to eligible students.
For some faculty scholarships, there is no separate application required at all, as selection is based on eligible students’ admission application. Successful students would receive an email to let them know if they have been offered one of these scholarships.
Check the individual scholarships for full details.
Please note - Scholarship offerings are subject to change without notice.
After you apply
After a scholarship closes, the applications are sent to the scholarship selection committee for consideration. Applicants are advised of the outcome by email. If you have applied for an equity scholarship you can log back into the UAC equity scholarship portal after the scholarship round to check the outcome. If you are successful for an equity scholarship you will also receive an email from the University.
Need more information?
Coursework Scholarships Prizes Unit
Phone: 02 9850 7337 / 6401