Domestic fee assistance

Domestic fee assistance

Need help paying your fees?

If you are experiencing difficulties paying your student fees, you may wish to consider the following payment options:

  • Take out a HECS-HELP loan (you must be a Commonwealth supported student).
  • Take out a FEE-HELP loan (you must be paying domestic tuition fees).
  • Apply for a short extension of time (see below), for example, if you are waiting for funds to arrive from overseas.

For more information on fee assistance for domestic students, visit the following pages:

If none of the above are available to you, please contact Revenue Services as soon as possible and before your fees are due.

How to apply for an extension of time

If, due to exceptional circumstances, you are unable to pay your student fees by the payment due date, you may apply to the Assistant Director, Revenue Services, Office of Financial Services for an extension of time.

You must apply before your fees are due to avoid a $200 late payment fee. You will need to clearly explain the reasons why you are unable to pay your fees by the due date, and indicate when you will be able to make payment in full.

Your application must be in writing via enquiry at with ‘Extension request’ as the subject heading.

You will be advised of the Assistant Director's decision within two weeks of your application.

Back to the top of this page