Paying your Session 1 2017 fees
The due date for payment of Session 1 fees is 24 February 2017.
Your options are as follows:
1. Pay your fees upfront. You can find a list of payment methods on our student finances page.
- Please note that a $200 late payment fee will be incurred on all payments made after the due date as specified on your Statement of Outstanding Charges.
2. Defer your fees to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) through the Higher Education Loan Program scheme (HELP) if you are an eligible student. Eligible students are:
- Australian Citizens, or
- Permanent Humanitarian visa holders, or
- New Zealand citizens who have been assessed as meeting the eligibility criteria
To be eligible to defer your fees you must complete the following by the census date for Session 1, 2017 (26 March 2017):
- Lodge an approved FEE-HELP application form (with tax file number) to defer your tuition fees only if you are in a Domestic Fee paying place, OR
- Lodge an approved HECS-HELP application form (with tax file number) to defer your tuition fees only if you are in a Commonwealth Supported place AND
- Lodge an approved SA-HELP form to defer your Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) if applicable. The SSAF is a non-academic fee which may be loaded onto your eStudent the day after enrolling in units. To find if you are liable for this fee have a look at the information on our important information page.
For steps on how to complete the relevant commonwealth assistance HELP forms have a look at our handy guide.
If you are a continuing student and have already lodged HECS-Help and SA-Help forms you are not required to submit these forms.
Please note: if you enrol after the 24 February 2017, your new payment due date will be the date of enrolment in unit/s.
For assistance with your fees, please submit an enquiry via: ask.mq.edu.au or contact Revenue Services (email@example.com) prior to the due date.
Please note that if you have recently made a payment, your account will be updated within 3 business days.