|Students from a refugee background
$5198 per year for up to four years (value indexed each year).
Applications for mid year 2016 are open now at www.uac.edu.au/equity.
For more details check the UAC website. For each round please apply at least 7 working days before the offer release date.
Macquarie University recognises the particular financial and other support needs of students from a refugee background. Two scholarships will be offered each year to students from refugee backgrounds. These scholarships complement the University's Refugee Mentoring Program, which aims to raise aspirations towards tertiary study among refugee children.
- demonstrate financial need;
- have arrived in Australia with a recognised Commonwealth Government humanitarian visa subclass;
- consideration is also given to applicants who, in addition, can demonstrate: sole parent or carer responsibilities; English language difficulty; effects of trauma and/or abuse; long-term medical condition or disability; coming from a rural or remote area.
- Be successful in obtaining an offer to Macquarie University through either UAC or a direct Macquarie admission scheme.
- Be intending to study full time internally. A full time waiver can be granted in instances where the applicant can demonstrate a need to study part time (carer responsibilities, long term medical condition, employment demands)