Macquarie Higher Study Scholarship
|Students continuing their studies to a postgraduate coursework program
Up to $10,398 per annum (2016 value).
Applications for 2017 will open on 3 August 2016 on the UAC Equity Scholarship website.
For each round please apply at least two weeks before the offer release date.
The Macquarie University Higher Study Scholarship is designed to support recipients to continue their studies to a Postgraduate Coursework or Honours level. This scholarship is not intended for students undertaking research courses.
The scholarship generously rewards students who have demonstrated academic excellence but it also has an equally strong commitment to equity. The scholarship is valued at up to $10,398 per annum for the normal duration of an applicant's program of study.
To be eligible, an applicant must be:
- an Australian citizen, Permanent resident or New Zealand citizen
- able to demonstrate financial hardship.
- studying or intending to study full-time at the Honours or postgraduate coursework level in a Commonwealth Supported place or tuition fee place (domestic students only).
All successful students will be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
Students must be eligible to study at the Honours or postgraduate coursework level in a Commonwealth Supported place or tuition fee place (domestic students only).
Consideration is also given to applicants who, in addition to financial hardship, demonstrate any of the following:
- Capacity to triumph over hardship
- Indigenous background
- Carer responsibilities
- Geographic Disadvantage
- Non English speaking background
- Long term medical condition or
- On going effects of abuse
Academic merit will also be considered.
Priority will be given to students previously in receipt of a Macquarie or Commonwealth equity scholarship, although students coming from another university or not previously in receipt of a scholarship can also apply